With an increase in the world’s population, there is a need for corresponding increase in efforts to provide food security. It is believed that the total amount of food produced is more than enough to feed the world. Despite this, about 821 million people suffer hunger due to 40% loss to pests, diseases, environmental and post-harvest conditions. It is therefore important to provide innovative and reliable solutions against such losses that affect agricultural products. As a result of this, it is germane to have quick access to monitoring and control via modern technology. With the help of scientists and researchers, advancements are being made to deliver precision to agriculture at your fingertips. The use of sophisticated technologies such as robots, temperature and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS Technology drive this. This has helped make agriculture more profitable, efficient, safer, and more environmentally friendly.
The importance of precision agriculture in our palms is so numerous including:
- Better efficiencies and lower prices.
- Better and safer growing conditions, leading to safer foods.
- Environmental and ecological impact.
- Little or no loss of farm produce.
- Easy engagement of youth in farming, through access with their smartphones.
- Improvement of farm yield through smart phone enabled access to cutting edge technologies.
- More Investments.
All these can help make agriculture a more profitable field for anyone to venture into and at the same time, assist in solving the problem of food scarcity.